Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Balls

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are my Achilles heel...I simply CANNOT have them in the house or I will eat them until they are gone!  (Pathetic I know...you would think that as an adult, I would have overcome my childhood addiction to this candy, but I think it has gotten worse with age!!)  So today, as I was craving something chocolate, filled with something peanut butter...yet knowing I should be making much healthier choices...I decided to experiment, and this is what I came up with...DEFINITELY hit the spot!  They went straight to the freezer...however...they taste just as good frozen, so...

In a coffee grinder, grind:

3 T. raw almonds
3 T. raw sunflower seeds

-You'll probably have to do each of them separately.

-Place nuts and seeds in a bowl and add:

1/2 c. organic, unsweetened peanut butter (preferably raw)...warm it up first
1 T. agave (2 if you want them a little sweeter)
4 T. wheat germ (raw...not toasted)
a pinch of sea salt

-Mix all the ingredients together...it should be pretty stiff...stiff enough to roll into a ball.

-Roll into balls...however big you want...I got 10...but then again...I did keep eating it, so maybe I would've gotten 12 :)

-According to the directions on the bag, melt 1/2 bag of Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

-Add 1 t. coconut oil and mix to incorporate.

-Dip balls in chocolate, scraping the bottom a few times to rid of excess chocolate.

-Set on a wax paper covered plate, and place in the refrigerator to harden chocolate!

-Note:  I took a few almonds, ground them in a coffee grinder, and sprinkled the tops of them (before putting them in the fridge), to "dress them up" a little bit!  You could also melt a few white chocolate chips and drizzle that over the top to make them extra fancy!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment