Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Ok, so I know my husband loves me...through "thick" or "thin"...but sometimes I get to wondering if he doesn't like the "thick" a little better!  (We're of course, talking about my figure here!)  It seems like he's always coming home with special treats for me...Hersey's Special Dark candy bars (king size), Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (by the bagful!), cookie dough...and as much as I'd like to say I don't like that kind of stuff, I cannot!  He knows I have  child-like love for candy bars and cookie dough...and no matter how many times I ask him not to bring it home (and I really do try to be convincing), he knows that if he does, it will most definitely get eaten!  (I guess that old adage, "actions speak louder than words" reigns true!)  Currently, I have a tub of cookie dough taunting me in my fridge...and it's been there, untouched, for four days...but I'm weakening!  I can't just throw it away, at the risk of hurting his feelings...yet, I cannot keep eating this stuff...my pregnant body is holding on to every fat gram I LOOK AT for dear life...so this is what I have done:  I made up a much healthier, version of that evil cookie dough, in order to help me resist temptation for a few more days (which is when I feel it will be ok to throw it away without him noticing!)  Here it is!

3 T. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
4 T. Ideal brand Xylitol-based sweetener...powered sugar version (I found this in Meijer, down the baking aisle...however, I bet most health food stores will have a version of this too!)
2 T. unsweetened almond milk
1 T. agave
1/2 c. + 6 T. white whole wheat flour (I use the King Arthurs brand)
1 t. vanilla
pinch of sea salt

-Mix together

-Add:

3 T. Ghiradelli semi sweet chips (or Enjoy Life chocolate chips)

-Note:  before adding the chips, I chopped them up a bit so they weren't so big!

-Roll into small, bite-sized balls, and stick in the freezer.  (You actually don't have to freeze them, however, I find that if they're frozen, I'm less likely to consume them all at once!!)

-PS...these are so fast and easy to make...GREAT one to do with little helpers who want to spend time with you in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment