Thursday, December 23, 2010

Triple Berry Jam (no cook!)

I'm always looking for good, healthy jam recipes.  Unfortunately, they are few and far between!  I found a no cook Acai Berry Jam on the Julie Morris website, that I featured in my blog a while back...and here is a variation on that, which incorporates fruit!  No longer do I have to deprive my kids of jam on their toast or sandwiches!  I can serve this to them with the sheer confidence that not only are they getting an extremely healthy jam, but it's loaded with super foods too!  This makes me very happy!!

Combine:

6 T. chia seeds (these will act as the gelling agent in the jam, AND they're a major super food!)  You'll probably only find this at a health food store.
1/2 c. pure apple juice (no sugar added)
1 T. fresh squeezed lime juice

-Mix together and let set for about 10 mins.

-In a separate bowl combine:

3 c. thawed triple berry mix (and combination of unsweetened berries will work)...keep the juice with them, don't drain it.  Mash with a potato masher.
5 T. Acai Berry powder (another super food.  You'll have to go to a health food store to get this.)
6 T. agave

-Mix together, and once the Chia and juice mixture has started to gel together, combine.

-Let it set up in the fridge for about 30 mins before serving!

-This makes a good amount of jam, and it's a good thing...your kids will eat it up like candy!

-Note:  this isn't a super sweet jam...so if you're kids are used to the really sweet jams and jellies, you could add more agave!

No comments:

Post a Comment